1. All first claim, junior club members who have not reached their sixteenth birthday on the 1st April shall be eligible to compete in the Junior Championship.
2. The Junior Championship shall consist of a number events over a competition year (1st April – 31st March). The best four races will count for a competitor.
3. A full list of the coming season’s events will normally be published in March on the Club’s Web Site.
4. The Club reserves the right to change the race calendar by substituting or dropping a race from the Junior Championship.
5. The decision to compete in an event and the responsibility for the safety of the competitor remains at all times with the Junior’s Parent or Guardian.
6. If an event is held more than once during the competition year (e.g. parkrun) then the finish order of the competitors is based on their Personal Best time for that event in that competition year.
7. Points are awarded based on finish position, gender and age category.
8. The first female Red Rose finisher in each age category in an event will be awarded 10 points, the second 9 points and so forth to the tenth and all subsequent finishers 1 point. In the same way the first male Red Rose finisher in each age category will be awarded 10 points, the second 9 points and so forth to the tenth and all subsequent finishers 1 point.
9. The age categories are based on the competitor’s age on the 1st April of the competition year.
10. The age categories are identical for both Female and Male competitors. Under 16, Under 14, Under 12 and Under 10
11. A results secretary shall be elected each year. It is the responsibility of each individual to ensure that he/she is entered correctly in the official results of any event. The results secretary must be notified of any mistakes or omissions within two weeks of the official results of the event being published. After this time a member may forfeit the right to claim points for that particular event.
12. Prizes will be awarded to the Female and Male competitor in each age category with the highest number of points at the end of the season. In the event of a tie on points then the younger competitor will be the winner. In the event that two or more competitors with the same birth date have the same number of points then of those the competitor competing in the fewest events will be the winner. In the event of a tie on points, date of birth and number of events then each of the tied competitors will share the prize equally.
13. All members competing in a Junior Championship event must wear either an official Red Rose Road Runners running top, or a baseball cap bearing the Red Rose logo or a garment bearing an official Red Rose sew on badge affixed to the front of the garment. Any member not wearing club kit will be counted as last placed.
14. No member may claim points from any race if he/she has completed the race using someone else’s number.
15. All trophies remain the property of the club and must be returned promptly to the club when requested.